- 1A rhyming quatrain in heroic verse. Also called heroic quatrain.More example sentences
- In 1659 he wrote heroic stanzas for Cromwell's memory, and then, in 1660 with Charles II on his way back (or maybe he'd already come back), ‘Astrea Redux’, which is really howling his approval for the return of Charles.
- Well, he didn't feel for a minute these provincial audiences would pick out an inaccurate estimation of distance, misquotation of heroic stanza, mangling of genera, sub-species and vernacular.
- It corresponds to a two line stanza in iambic pentameter; a quatrain as such would be a heroic stanza.
- 1.1(In English poetry) a quatrain in iambic pentameter rhyming abab or abba. Compare with elegiac stanza.