- The ticker-tape reception being afforded later this month to the 47,000 volunteers who were the true heroes and heroines of the Games is richly deserved.
- An event of this magnitude could perhaps one day bring recognition to ‘true’ heroes and heroines in society.
- What India's unsung heroes, and heroines, have achieved these past few weeks against great odds should not go unrewarded or unnoticed.
- I'd say William Gibson has had the most profound effect on representation of female characters, especially heroines, in both the written and filmic genres of sci-fi, and branching into action.
- More than half of its movies debuted at the Television Critics Association last month focused on women's issues, female characters or heroines.
- Anyone who still believes this myth should look to the dozens of female heroines in comic books.
- Numerous Greek heroes and heroines commit manslaughter in myth.
- Propertius' romantic, impossible dream had been that Cynthia would be like heroines of myth.
- But what happens when the idea of drawing images of womanhood on the contemporary stage is born through juxtaposition of the two ancient heroines, moulded to the necessities of the experiences of womanhood?
Mid 17th century (in the sense 'demigoddess, venerated woman'): from French héroïne or Latin heroina, from Greek hērōinē, feminine of hērōs 'hero'.
Words that rhyme with heroineheroin
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.