noun (plural heronries)
- A breeding colony of herons, typically in a group of trees.More example sentences
- They usually nest together in colonies called heronries.
- You're virtually guaranteed to see avocets, and you will certainly see herons, since the ancient woodland, with its noisy rookery, has the largest heronry in the UK.
- In 1997, we estimated that about 800 pairs of wading birds nested at heronries on Canarsie Pol Island.
More definitions of heronryDefinition of heronry in:
- The British & World English dictionary