- A viral infection, caused by a group of herpes viruses, that may produce cold sores, genital inflammation, or conjunctivitis.More example sentences
- A less common but more serious viral conjunctivitis is herpes simplex infection.
- In addition to the usual common cold viruses, chlamydial pneumonia and herpes simplex virus infections may play a role in exacerbations of bronchospasm in patients with and without asthma.
- Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain, usually caused by a viral infection like measles, mumps, chicken pox, influenza or herpes simplex, the cold sore virus.
More definitions of herpes simplexDefinition of herpes simplex in:
- The British & World English dictionary