- Any of a group of DNA viruses causing herpes and other diseases.More example sentences
- Although many people associate the word herpes with genital herpes, the herpesvirus family is made up of nearly 100 kinds of viruses, eight of which cause disease in humans.
- Previous studies have demonstrated that coinfection with herpesviruses can modulate HIV - 1 replication.
- Epstein-Barr virus is one of 8 known human herpesviruses.
More definitions of herpesvirusDefinition of herpesvirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary