Definition of herring gull in English:
A gull with gray black-tipped wings, abundant and widespread in both Eurasia and North America.
- Larus argentatus, family Laridae
- J. A. Allen dispelled the notion that two species of Herring Gull exist, the American and the European herring gull.
- Black-headed gull and herring gull belong to the same family and are obviously more closely related than the other two species pairs.
- As soon as de Rosarieux's line hits the water, a mottled herring gull lands on the prow, inches away, waiting for the first fish.
Definition of herring gull in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.