Definition of herring gull in English:
A gull with gray black-tipped wings, abundant and widespread in both Eurasia and North America.
- Larus argentatus, family Laridae
- J. A. Allen dispelled the notion that two species of Herring Gull exist, the American and the European herring gull.
- Black-headed gull and herring gull belong to the same family and are obviously more closely related than the other two species pairs.
- As soon as de Rosarieux's line hits the water, a mottled herring gull lands on the prow, inches away, waiting for the first fish.
Definition of herring gull in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia