- Denoting a compound whose molecule contains a ring of atoms of at least two elements (one of which is generally carbon).More example sentences
- The majority of photosensitive molecules have a heterocyclic ring structure similar to that of chlorophyll or hemoglobin.
- Unlike hydrocarbon based aromatics, which react most readily with electrophiles, perfluoro-aromatics and heterocyclic ring systems react better with nucleophiles.
- Cooking meats at high temperatures creates chemicals called heterocyclic amines that are otherwise not present in uncooked meats.
More definitions of heterocyclicDefinition of heterocyclic in:
- The British & World English dictionary