- 2 Chemistry The breakdown of a compound into oppositely charged ions.More example sentences
- The conclusion was that homolysis and heterolysis did not take place; furthermore the paper summarized the chemistry of peroxynitrite known at that time.
- In accordance with this embodiment, the dye cation formed from heterolysis of the leuconitrile color former is bleachable at high doses of actinic radiation.
- This showed the reaction to proceed via the formation of a ring-closed carbonium ion-intermediate at C1, and the rate-determining step to be the subsequent heterolysis of the C1 - O bond.
- More example sentences
- For example, when malachite green is irradiated with UV light of 225-300 nm, heterolytic cleavage of the C-R bond occurs, and a charged photoproduct is formed with minimal changes in geometric conformation.
- Reactions 4 and 5 involve homolytic and heterolytic O-O bond cleavage of the peroxides, respectively, and in most cases, the two pathways can be identified by product analysis.
- The more common way is ‘heterolytic cleavage’ where one of the atoms retains both of the bonding electrons, and the other takes none.