Definition of heteropteran in English:
A bug of the group Heteroptera.
- As a result, verifying if relationships between ants and certain heteropterans are reciprocal has become a challenging field of scientific inquiry.
- Last male sperm precedence is found in other heteropterans studied and is relevant here because males that have recently mated with the egg-laying female may accept the eggs because of high expected paternity.
- Phytoseiid mites and heteropteran bugs are frequently part of the enemy complex of herbivorous arthropods in agroecosystems.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting heteropterans.
- Phyllomorpha laciniata is a heteropteran species characterized by an atypical behavior among insects.
- It is an heteropteran bug known as Corizus hyoscyamii.
- Example sentences
- It has been reported since the 1930s that certain heteropterous insects cause damage to wheat cultivars.
- Their potential to limit outbreaks of heteropterous pests is discussed.
- The most abundant insects are heteropterous Belostomatidae, Corixidae, Naucoridae, and extinct Enicocoridae.
Definition of heteropteran in:
- British & World English dictionary