Definition of hexagram in English:
1.1A star-shaped figure formed by two intersecting equilateral triangles.
- In 1876 Veronese was appointed as assistant in analytical geometry on the strength of his paper on Pascal's hexagram.
- The hexagram, the well-known Hindu symbol of a six-pointed star, is also known as the Star of David or Jewish Star, and can be used to symbolise Israel or Jews.
- I went to the blackboard and drew the yin-yang symbol and the hexagram.
1.2Any of a set of sixty-four figures made up of six parallel whole or broken lines, occurring in the ancient Chinese I Ching.
- Sixty-four different combinations of six broken or unbroken lines produce sixty-four different hexagrams.
- The I Ching, oriental mysticism, is based on sixty-four hexagrams.
- The meanings of the hexagrams were divined many years ago by Chinese philosopher-priests in tune with the Tao (Chinese for path or way).
Definition of hexagram in:
- British & World English dictionary