- A pair of foot-operated cymbals forming part of a drum kit.More example sentences
- This track showcased Peart's finesse on the hi-hat and cymbals while Lee pulled out his unique flamenco bass playing chops.
- A modest drum kit is a kick, snare, two toms, a couple of cymbals and a hi-hat.
- ‘Privacy,’ for example, features an electric piano accompanying what sounds like rustling pages as well as a hi-hat, cymbals, and rimshots.
More definitions of hi-hatDefinition of hi-hat in:
- The British & World English dictionary