Definition of hibiscus in English:
A plant of the mallow family, grown in warm climates for its large brightly colored flowers or for products such as fiber or timber.
- Genus Hibiscus, family Malvaceae: many species, including the rose mallow
- There is no reason why hostas can't be grown in containers just as successfully as an exotic hibiscus.
- Between the ruins grew cypresses and oleanders, hibiscus, myrtle and wild roses.
- My hibiscus looks healthy, but the buds drop before they open.
Latin, from Greek hibiskos, which Dioscorides identified with the marsh mallow.
Words that rhyme with hibiscusdiscus, meniscus, viscous
Definition of hibiscus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.