Definition of hidden in English:
past participle of hide1.
adjectiveBack to top
Kept out of sight; concealed: hidden dangers her hidden feelings
More example sentences
- Midden is a classic family drama in which hidden tensions and unpleasant secrets reveal themselves when a successful elder daughter returns to Derry City from the United States.
- A hidden camera secretly takes a closeup photo of the shopper's face.
- Beware of the hidden dangers lurking in rivers, lakes and ponds this summer, is the message from the Environment Agency.
- Example sentences
- It's their status as valuable secrets, and it's the expectations built up by their hiddenness, that makes them such a letdown.
- Palmer's obliquity should not be misconstrued as cold blood, his hiddenness as hermeticism.
- On the other hand, Job and the apocalyptic literature (Baruch and Enoch) insist on the hiddenness of Wisdom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan