- Sweating.More example sentences
- Patients presenting with palmar-plantar hidrosis deserve a trial of all conservative treatments including iontophoresis before more aggressive techniques such as botulinum toxin are tried.
- Fewer than 6 percent of patients had severe compensatory hidrosis, and the recurrence rate was 3 percent.
- Protein losses in sweat, protein hidrosis, also occur as a result of exercise.
- More example sentences
- Clouston syndrome (or hidrotic ectodermal dysplasia) is a rare disease that affects one in 100 000 subjects.
- In the hidrotic form of ED, the sweat glands function improperly.
- Clouston syndrome is an hidrotic form of ectodermal dysplasia, inherited as an autosomal dominant trait with high penetrance.
Pronunciation: /hiˈdrätik, hī-/adjective
mid 19th century: from Greek hidrōsis, from hidrōs 'sweat'.
More definitions of hidrosisDefinition of hidrosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary