- An embassy of one British Commonwealth country in another.More example sentences
- Diplomats at the British high commission have been put on full alert and told to prepare for an evacuation at any time.
- Before travelling anywhere, check the latest visa requirements well in advance, with your travel agent, tour operator or the embassy or high commission of the countries you intend to visit.
- Britain closed its embassy in Indonesia and high commission in Singapore.
- More example sentences
- Incoming ambassadors and high commissioners from Germany, America, Sudan, Mauritius and Brazil presented the president with their credentials.
- He has also been ambassador in Suva and high commissioner in Belmopan before coming to Zambia in the same capacity.
- The two countries' high commissioners should immediately pick up the phone, and call each other, and their respective home secretaries.
More definitions of high commissionDefinition of high commission in:
- The British & World English dictionary