- A lipoprotein that removes cholesterol from the blood and is associated with a reduced risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease. Compare with low-density lipoprotein.More example sentences
- Levels of triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and blood pressure were adjusted for age and sex.
- The beneficial effects of estrogen include lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and higher high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels.
- Indeed, a decrease in body weight is associated with improved blood triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels.
More definitions of high-density lipoproteinDefinition of high-density lipoprotein in:
- The British & World English dictionary