Definition of high-pitched in English:
1(Of a sound) high in pitch.
- Above 20,000 hz the high-pitched sounds are not heard by the human ear, but ultrasonic sound is perceptible and even produced by certain animals such as bats and dolphins.
- The high-pitched sound can only be heard by the young and is designed to be so annoying that they move away.
- Hearing loss in old age is usually gradual, and often begins with being unable to hear the most high-pitched sounds.
2(Of a roof) steep.
- The Tudor-style architecture, with its stone pillars and high-pitched roofs, is influenced but not created by Kinkade.
- A high-pitched roof and a large skylight guaranteed ventilation and light.
- The Petersham's Gothic façade, complete with tower and high-pitched roofs, has been a landmark since it was built in 1865.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan