- 1(Of a machine or device) having greater than normal strength or capabilities: a high-powered rifleMore example sentences
- They'll love the 9310XL, which is the quietest high-power machine I've tested.
- People camp out on the mainland for weeks, pouring their life savings into high-power telescopes, just to catch a glimpse of him.
- Police officers and SWAT members surround the house with their high-power guns.
- 1.1Dynamic and capable: a high-powered delegationMore example sentences
- To be a senior manager, a CEO or any high-powered corporate executive you need to be smart, sharp, presentable and have reasonable charisma.
- Meanwhile, Paul realises his wife - a high-powered advertising executive - might want another child.
- Relishing her best film role for some time, Stockard Channing is the high-powered business executive wedded to her mobile and merciless in the demands she makes on others.