nouninformal , chiefly North American
A person who gambles or spends large amounts of money.
More example sentences
- State regulators on July 10 approved the MGM Grand Hotel Casino's application for Nevada's first private gambling salon for high rollers.
- Think casino gambling and you think high rollers playing high-stakes games, dropping thousands of dollars a night.
- Named after the Tipperary stud farm they own, it refers to a group of immensely rich Irish high rollers who are gamblers by nature, trade and inclination.
with reference to rolling dice.
- More example sentences
- He's even had a role in a big movie, playing a high-rolling Japanese gambler alongside Robert De Niro in the Las Vegas mob movie Casino.
- The company intends to construct an upmarket hotel and entertainment complex that would attract high-rolling gambling tourists from Taiwan and mainland China.
- Even when gambling became above board in the eyes of the law, it was still frowned upon as either the pastime of high-rolling decadent playboys or the ruin of feckless working-class punters.
More definitions of high rollerDefinition of high roller in:
- The British & World English dictionary