Definition of high-speed in English:
1Moving, operating, or happening very quickly: high-speed travel
More example sentences
- Main-line drivers operate high-speed trains on longer journeys and shifts include nights away from home while freight drivers are required to do more night work.
- Amtrak has said it is losing $1 million every week the high-speed service is not operational.
- The high-speed catamaran was not able to operate a reliable timetable.
1.2(Of steel) suitable for drill bits and other tools that cut fast enough to become red-hot.
- Tool materials may be high-speed steel, cast alloy, or tungsten carbide.
- Cobalt is used in high-speed steels and increases the red hardness so that they can be used at higher operating temperatures.
- At the low end you have blades made from high-speed steel with only around 10 to 12 teeth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan