The most enjoyable or significant part of an experience or period of time: perhaps that summer will mark the high spot of my life
More example sentences
- AT 30, Matthew Berlow is convinced he has already experienced the high spot of his legal career.
- I went to his dressing room to talk to him afterwards, and to tell him that playing with him had been one of the high spots of my career so far.
- The choir will appear with the Mbawula Zulu Band and over the past three years this has been one of the high spots of the jazz weekend.
hit the high spots
- informal Visit the most exciting places in town.Example sentences
- They were supposedly going out to hit the high spots together, leaving me to throw some things into a bag and drive down to the cottage.
- It would be a strange marriage, she thought, with Antoinette hitting the high spots in the big city, while her husband tended his vines here in the Périgord.
- He was probably hitting the high spots in Prague that night -and with some lovely Czech lady in tow, she wouldn't wonder.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: high spot
Definition of high spot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.