- A meal eaten in the late afternoon or early evening, typically consisting of a cooked dish, bread and butter, and tea.More example sentences
- You can imagine the stripy bathing suit, and the lacework surf as it ebbs about her feet, and in the evening high tea and hushed gossip.
- We also had scones, crumpets, sandwiches, and tea for our afternoon and high teas, which were currently in vogue with Caurian ladies.
- Substantial midday dinners and high teas were handed through the serving hatch by Jenny, my mother's live-in cook and general maid.
More definitions of high teaDefinition of high tea in:
- The British & World English dictionary