- A tall chest of drawers on legs.More example sentences
- The overstuffed chairs, the curtains, the rice-carved bed, the highboy, the bath fixtures, all evoked a sense of that decorous, long-past era.
- The purchase included a ‘New England hooked rug,’ a mirror, a picture of George Washington, and a lot of maple and walnut furniture - four beds, one highboy, one lowboy and five tables.
- At the same time, in nearby Philadelphia, dishonest cabinetmakers were making elaborately carved scrolled top highboys and chests-on-chests from plain flat top ones.
More definitions of highboyDefinition of highboy in:
- The British & World English dictionary