verb[no object] • informal , chiefly North American
- Move or travel fast: I cut my trip short and hightailed it homeMore example sentences
- Well, he sure did look surprised at my honesty, but, thank goodness, he wasn't hightailing out that door.
- Then I hightailed across town to see ‘King of Stains’ at Bats, where Gibby played the most unlikeable character ever, and so well!
- ‘I'm very proud of where I'm from,’ he said in 1963, two years after he'd hightailed out.
More definitions of hightailDefinition of hightail in:
- The British & World English dictionary