- A pocket in the back of a pair of pants.More example sentences
- She lifted her chin defiantly, shoving her hands into the hip pockets of her jeans.
- ‘Okay, that's it,’ Jeremiah said, stepping back and wiping his hands on a rag he had tucked in the hip pocket of his jeans.
- He stuffed Marisa's bikini top into his hip pocket and continued forward.
in someone's hip pocket
- North American Completely under someone’s control.More example sentences
- Every defense attorney has it in their hip pocket, and they're using it.
- If you want to get someone in your hip pocket, the way to do it is to induce a tremendous amount of anxiety and become the agent who relieves that sense of anxiety.
- Your Father Adrian has them in his hip pocket.
More definitions of hip pocketDefinition of hip pocket in:
- The British & World English dictionary