Definition of hip pocket in English:
A pocket in the back of a pair of pants.
- She lifted her chin defiantly, shoving her hands into the hip pockets of her jeans.
- ‘Okay, that's it,’ Jeremiah said, stepping back and wiping his hands on a rag he had tucked in the hip pocket of his jeans.
- He stuffed Marisa's bikini top into his hip pocket and continued forward.
in someone's hip pocket
- North American Completely under someone’s control.Example sentences
- Every defense attorney has it in their hip pocket, and they're using it.
- If you want to get someone in your hip pocket, the way to do it is to induce a tremendous amount of anxiety and become the agent who relieves that sense of anxiety.
- Your Father Adrian has them in his hip pocket.
Definition of hip pocket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan