(also hipped roof)
- A roof with the ends inclined, as well as the sides.More example sentences
- In the spirit of the colonial revival, they replaced the Victorian era mansard roof with a hip roof with dormers.
- There were gable roofs, modified Dutch hips and even pagoda-style curved hip roofs.
- It may be that the change in form and lack of central posts reflect a shift from a hip roof with interior roof supports to a gable roof with a large central beam support.
More definitions of hip roofDefinition of hip roof in:
- The British & World English dictionary