- 1 [in combination] (Of a person or animal) having hips of a specified kind: a thin-hipped girlMore example sentences
- The Indian man has found a replacement fantasy from abroad: busty, fair skinned, big hipped.
adjective[predic.] (hipped on) • informal , chiefly North American
- Obsessed or infatuated with: why are you suddenly hipped on discipline?More example sentences
- I've only been doing that for a few months, but it's awfully addictive; I see why Graham and Anil are so hipped on the form.
- The first was that people hipped on sports can get overaddicted to victory.
1920s.: from hip3, or as the past participle of hip 'make someone hip (i.e., aware)'.