- A grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc..More example sentences
- It is actually dew if it forms at temperatures above freezing, but if it forms below freezing it is hoar frost.
- He opens his feature on the shoreline of the savage Barents Sea as a group of 30 men trudge up a snow-covered dune, eyebrows laced with hoar frost.
- Seely states that surface hoar frost forms only during the summer due to sunshine and fog.
More definitions of hoarfrostDefinition of hoarfrost in:
- The British & World English dictionary