- A member of an imaginary race similar to humans, of small size and with hairy feet, in stories by J. R. R. Tolkien.More example sentences
- In Middle Earth, there live humans, and hobbits, which are very much similar to miniature people.
- After a few moments of silence, the hobbits begin the story of their nine-day ordeal.
- This hair is used to keep the hobbit's feet warm because they do not wear boots.
1937: invented by Tolkien in his book The Hobbit, and said by him to mean 'hole-dweller'.
More definitions of hobbitDefinition of hobbit in:
- The British & World English dictionary