1 Short for ice hockey.
- They know that putting a good hockey team on the ice is only one way to pack the house.
- His back was to her, and he was taking a few rounds of smashing a hockey puck into one of the set up goalposts from the center line.
- Firepark will be transformed from a hockey rink into a Roman arena of sensual pleasures.
2 short for field hockey.
- Admittedly, hockey is a team game, and we cannot attribute all losses just to one person.
- There is no indication what the surface was, but it served for all manner of games from football to hockey, to cricket.
- The second-half saw an excellent game of hockey with both teams determined to dominate.
Early 16th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with hockeychoccy, cocky, flocky, gnocchi, jockey, oche, pocky, rocky, schlocky, stocky