(also hoisin sauce)
- A sweet, spicy, dark red sauce made from soybeans, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and various spices, widely used in southern Chinese cooking.More example sentences
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, hoisin, sugar, vinegar, and wine/sherry in a small bowl, cover it, and set it aside.
- A wide range of spicy sauces like chilly bean sauce, hoisin sauce and garlic oyster sauce are a must with the food and accompaniments like steamed/fried rice and mixed hakka noodles.
- Add the snap peas, broth, oranges, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and green onions.
More definitions of hoisinDefinition of hoisin in:
- The British & World English dictionary