1 (the hokey-pokey) US A circle dance with a synchronized shaking of the limbs in turn, accompanied by a simple song.
- I'm the typical American white guy, so watching me dance is like seeing the Pillsbury Doughboy doing the hokey-pokey.
- We learn the hokey pokey when we're kids and as we become adults, we learn the latest crazes.
- Try dancing with your children. Do the Hokey Pokey, the bunny hop and such.
3 trademark Ice cream of a kind formerly sold on the street, especially by Italian street vendors.
- Interestingly, in late - 19 th-century Britain, hokey-pokey men were Italian street vendors selling ice-cream wrapped in waxed paper.
- They sell hokey-pokey, either plain or covered in chocolate.
Late 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of hokey-pokey in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.