Definition of holdback in English:
1A thing serving to hold something else in place: a curtain holdback
More example sentences
- And in that spirit, I'm going to be spending a bit of time putting up various hooks to hang mobiles, curtain holdbacks, etc.
- Be sure to attach to a drapery holdback that is secured to the wall.
- Most manufacturers make it possible to mix and match poles, drapery rings, decorative finials and holdbacks in a variety of finishes - from white and ebony to antique gold, brass and copper.
1.1A sum of money withheld under certain conditions.
- The holdback is 2 or 3 percent of the total purchase price of the car.
- This holdback is only payable to members of the executive council if the public accounts for that year show that the budget targets were achieved.
- The only holdbacks are for deficiencies and for work not completed.
Definition of holdback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.