- An area of seabed where an anchor will hold.More example sentences
- Anchors dug in after the first blast were torn out of their holding ground with the wind shift.
- In July 1941 the Rosalie Moller was overhauled, loaded with almost 5000 tons of best Welsh coal, and sent off to Alexandria, eventually dropping anchor in good holding ground to the west of Gobal Island.
- It was used as a holding ground for larger ships, some up to 400 feet in length.
More definitions of holding groundDefinition of holding ground in:
- The British & World English dictionary