- A creamy sauce of melted butter, egg yolks, and lemon juice or vinegar, served especially with fish.More example sentences
- A dressing of lemon butter or hollandaise sauce suits it.
- For the main course I had the spinach and mushroom pancake served with hollandaise sauce and cafe salad for €8.75.
- The rest of the food was okay, nothing extraordinary, but it hit the spot and satisfied you in a way only eggs in hollandaise sauce can.
French hollandaise, feminine of hollandais 'Dutch', from Hollande 'Holland'.
More definitions of hollandaise sauceDefinition of hollandaise sauce in:
- The British & World English dictionary