- A sea cucumber.More example sentences
- In fact, crinoids, holothurians, and ophiuroids rule the floor of the deep oceans at depths below 500 metres.
- There was significantly greater population density of holothurians when a coral reef was adjacent to the mangroves than a shoreline with coral reef alone or mangroves alone.
- The water vascular system, found in all echinoderms, accommodates the elongated body of the holothurians.
mid 19th century: from the modern Latin genus name Holothuria (from Greek holothourion, denoting a kind of zoophyte) + -an.
More definitions of holothurianDefinition of holothurian in:
- The British & World English dictionary