- 1Bred or raised at home.More example sentences
- Among their horses is a home-bred yearling, which, Ronnie says, they have promised will be sensational.
- Glen and John also took the red rosette in the mare and foal section with Brows Marie and her ten-week-old home-bred foal Burlington Park Naomi.
- It must be a big wrench for him and the supporters to have a home-bred player leave the club.
- 1.1Lacking in worldly experience; unsophisticated.More example sentences
- "The constitution is plain and intelligible, and is meant for the home-bred, unsophisticated understandings of our fellow-citizens."
- Had Ellis Bell been a lady or a gentleman accustomed to what is called 'the world,' her view of a remote and unreclaimed region, as well as of the dwellers therein, would have differed greatly from that actually taken by the home-bred country girl.
More definitions of home-bredDefinition of home-bred in:
- The British & World English dictionary