- A fair hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the bases without stopping and score a run.More example sentences
- It was quite a comedown for a former super star with 446 career major league home runs.
- Larry had hit a home run in that World Series game and Gromek had been the winning pitcher.
- There have been just ten other center fielders who have hit 40 home runs in a single season.
More definitions of home runDefinition of home run in:
- The British & World English dictionary