Definition of home shopping in English:
Shopping carried out from one’s own home by ordering goods advertised on the Internet, in a catalog, or on a television channel.
- Retailing takes many forms, whether it is the traditional bricks and mortar store, catalog shopping, television home shopping, or the Internet.
- Is offering home shopping going to persuade a supermarket's customers to spend more?
- The technology also allows for data transmission and the simultaneous broadcast of multiple channels, enabling interactive services such as pay-per-view movies, home shopping and stock trading.
home shopper noun
- Example sentences
- Home shoppers have additional rights - they have a cooling-off period in which to change their minds and a right to cancel if their orders are not delivered in 30 days (unless another time was agreed).
- The commission does not explain why subscribers should subsidize advertisers and home shoppers or why regulated monopoly services should subsidize unregulated services.
- On average, Web home shoppers have an annual median income of $69,900 compared with $55,800 for the non-Internet home searchers.
Definition of home shopping in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan