Definition of home shopping in English:
Shopping carried out from one’s own home by ordering goods advertised on the Internet, in a catalog, or on a television channel.
- Retailing takes many forms, whether it is the traditional bricks and mortar store, catalog shopping, television home shopping, or the Internet.
- Is offering home shopping going to persuade a supermarket's customers to spend more?
- The technology also allows for data transmission and the simultaneous broadcast of multiple channels, enabling interactive services such as pay-per-view movies, home shopping and stock trading.
- home shopper noun
- Example sentences
- Home shoppers have additional rights - they have a cooling-off period in which to change their minds and a right to cancel if their orders are not delivered in 30 days (unless another time was agreed).
- The commission does not explain why subscribers should subsidize advertisers and home shoppers or why regulated monopoly services should subsidize unregulated services.
- On average, Web home shoppers have an annual median income of $69,900 compared with $55,800 for the non-Internet home searchers.
Definition of home shopping in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.