nounUS & South African • informal
- 1A young acquaintance from one’s own town or neighborhood, or from the same social background.More example sentences
- Well, he's a homeboy, a neighbor, from San Rafael.
- I remember a conversation with a homeboy who lost a brother in the wars.
- Imagine the greatest high school basketball player of all time, practically a homeboy, playing in front of customers he created in two years of quasi-professional basketball at the high school level.
- 1.1(Especially among urban black people) a member of a peer group or gang.More example sentences
- I first started talking with my homeboys about a ceasefire in the gang wars in 1989.
- I guess to their fellow homeboys this is hilarious and considered de rigueur, but to the rest of the world they seem clownish.
- He had been rumoured to have said that he missed his homeboys and the old times.
More definitions of homeboyDefinition of homeboy in:
- The British & World English dictionary