- A person who works from home, especially doing low-paid piecework.More example sentences
- ‘One of our primary aims this year is to ensure that the government gives the employment status of homeworkers the attention that it deserves,’ she said.
- In 1999, he documented the experiences of 30 homeworkers in a report that shattered the then-popular image of homework as a stress-free and more flexible alternative to full-time office or factory work.
- The researchers will also be giving information and support to homeworkers who want to try to fight for their right to the minimum wage.
- More example sentences
- The UK government has published guidelines to help businesses keen to provide PCs to employees for homeworking.
- Homeworking is potentially available to any member of staff.
- I can give you a personal example of the sort of benefits that can come from homeworking.
More definitions of homeworkerDefinition of homeworker in:
- The British & World English dictionary