Definition of homeworker in English:
A person who works from home, especially doing low-paid piecework.
- ‘One of our primary aims this year is to ensure that the government gives the employment status of homeworkers the attention that it deserves,’ she said.
- In 1999, he documented the experiences of 30 homeworkers in a report that shattered the then-popular image of homework as a stress-free and more flexible alternative to full-time office or factory work.
- The researchers will also be giving information and support to homeworkers who want to try to fight for their right to the minimum wage.
- Example sentences
- The UK government has published guidelines to help businesses keen to provide PCs to employees for homeworking.
- Homeworking is potentially available to any member of staff.
- I can give you a personal example of the sort of benefits that can come from homeworking.
Words that rhyme with homeworkerstoneworker
Definition of homeworker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan