- The consequence is that qualities such as honesty and integrity matter substantially more.
- We need to rebuild on the basis not of greed but truth, honesty, integrity.
- It is much easier to win elections by preaching hate and fear than understanding and honesty.
- The bookshop where I bought my newspaper from had an " honesty box ".
- Similar to the Austrian newspaper, the bagels were distributed to offices in the US capital with an honesty box payment system.
- You may also be interested in our honesty mark scheme.
- Genus Lunaria, family Brassicaceae.
- Honesty flowers early in the year and provides nectar for early butterflies such as the orange tip.
- Common honesty is grown partly for its fragrant bright flowers in spring and early summer, but also for its unique oval and translucent seed-heads, much coveted by dried-flower arrangers.
Middle English: from Old French honeste, from Latin honestas, from honestus (see honest). The original sense was 'honor, respectability', later 'decorum, virtue, chastity'. The plant is so named from its seedpods, translucency symbolizing lack of deceit.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.