- A wild plant of the parsley family.
More example sentences
- Two species in the family Umbelliferae: Cryptotaenia canadensis, a native of North America and eastern Asia that is cultivated for food in Japan, and Trinia glauca, a small European plant
- Native Americans gathered the botanically related wild honewort, a woodland perennial native that grows from Manitoba to New Brunswick and south to Georgia.
- Hydroponics is now well established in Japan, particularly for vegetables such as cucumbers, melons, tomatoes, lettuce, honeworts, strawberries, radish sprouts, leeks and green Welsh onions.
- The vegetables to be kept fresh by means of the present invention are not particularly limited, and thus may include radish sprouts, chives, honewort and shallots.
mid 17th century: from obsolete hone 'swelling' (for which the plant was believed to be a remedy) + wort.
More definitions of honewortDefinition of honewort in:
- The British & World English dictionary