Definition of honey possum in English:
A tiny shrewlike marsupial with a long pointed snout and a prehensile tail, found only in southwestern Australia, where it feeds exclusively upon nectar and pollen.
- Tarsipes rostratus, the only member of the family Tarsipedidae
- Researchers at the University of Western Australia are working on two endangered species, the honey possum and the potoroo.
- One such animal, the honey possum - a very small creature that tips the scales at less than a tenth of an ounce - feeds exclusively on the nectar and pollen of colorful flowers, particularly those of the tree Banksia attenuata.
- Interestingly, the honey possum belongs to the same marsupial taxonomic division as the dichromatic tammar wallaby.
Definition of honey possum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan