- A tiny shrewlike marsupial with a long pointed snout and a prehensile tail, found only in southwestern Australia, where it feeds exclusively upon nectar and pollen.
More example sentences
- Tarsipes rostratus, the only member of the family Tarsipedidae
- Researchers at the University of Western Australia are working on two endangered species, the honey possum and the potoroo.
- One such animal, the honey possum - a very small creature that tips the scales at less than a tenth of an ounce - feeds exclusively on the nectar and pollen of colorful flowers, particularly those of the tree Banksia attenuata.
- Interestingly, the honey possum belongs to the same marsupial taxonomic division as the dichromatic tammar wallaby.
More definitions of honey possumDefinition of honey possum in:
- The British & World English dictionary