1A tropical American tanager with a long curved bill, feeding on nectar and insects.
- The Red-legged Honeycreeper (Cyanerpes cyanueus), also known as the Yellow-winged Sugarbird, is found from Southern Mexico, through Latin America to Northern South America.
- The male Yellow-legged or Purple Honeycreeper (Cyanerpes caeruleus) is a beautiful bird that keeps his color year-round.
- The tanager family of North and South America boosts some of the most beautiful of all the creatures; included in the family are honeycreepers or sugarbirds, dacnis, and euphonias.
2 (also Hawaiian honeycreeper) A Hawaiian songbird of variable appearance and with a specialized bill, several kinds of which are now endangered.
- Family Drepanididae (or Fringillidae): several genera and species, often with Hawaiian names such as the iiwi and ou
- To date, mitochondrial rate calibrations have been generated (in chronological order) for geese, Hawaiian honeycreepers, cranes, partridges, procellariiform seabirds, and ratites.
- Thirteen other species of a type of bird known as the Hawaiian honeycreeper had also become instinct.
- These bright red rainforest honeycreepers have long, curved bills that are ideally suited for sipping nectar from Hawaiian lobelias.
Definition of honeycreeper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.