- A decent, cultivated man of the world; a gentleman.More example sentences
- The bourgeois honnêtes hommes will be glad to collect their car insurance and return to normalcy.
- The honnête homme is not a truth-teller, but one who does ‘the right thing.’
- They were bourgeois, gentlemen, honnêtes hommes, but their heart was with the weak ones, the oppressed ones in society.
mid 17th century: French, literally 'honest man'.
More definitions of honnête hommeDefinition of honnête homme in:
- The British & World English dictionary