A bird of the northern and eastern European race of the carrion crow, having a gray body with a black head, wings, and tail.
- Corvus corone cornix, family Corvidae
More example sentences
- In much of Ireland and Scotland, our carrion crow is replaced by the grey-and-black hooded crow; in the border zones, the two species interbreed.
- In Europe, hooded crows have been known to prey upon mussels.
- Flying north through the lush green agricultural lands bordering the Tigris I watched hundred of egrets along with small flocks of rooks and hooded crows.
More definitions of hooded crowDefinition of hooded crow in:
- The British & World English dictionary