Definition of hooded crow in English:
A bird of the northern and eastern European race of the carrion crow, having a gray body with a black head, wings, and tail.
- Corvus corone cornix, family Corvidae
- In much of Ireland and Scotland, our carrion crow is replaced by the grey-and-black hooded crow; in the border zones, the two species interbreed.
- In Europe, hooded crows have been known to prey upon mussels.
- Flying north through the lush green agricultural lands bordering the Tigris I watched hundred of egrets along with small flocks of rooks and hooded crows.
Definition of hooded crow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan