Definition of hoodia in English:
A southern African cactus from which a compound that acts as an appetite suppressant is derived.
- Genus Hoodia, family Asclepiadaceae; about 20 species
- The active ingredient in hoodia is a compound called P57.
- I no longer take hoodia because I now know how much I should be eating to maintain my weight and no longer eat huge meals.
- The ideal time to take hoodia is 30-60 minutes before each meal.
from modern Latin Hoodia, from Hood, the name of an English plant grower.
Definition of hoodia in:
- British & World English dictionary