Definition of hoodia in English:
A southern African cactus from which a compound that acts as an appetite suppressant is derived.
- Genus Hoodia, family Asclepiadaceae; about 20 species
- The active ingredient in hoodia is a compound called P57.
- I no longer take hoodia because I now know how much I should be eating to maintain my weight and no longer eat huge meals.
- The ideal time to take hoodia is 30-60 minutes before each meal.
from modern Latin Hoodia, from Hood, the name of an English plant grower.
Definition of hoodia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia