- 1A connection to a public electric, water, or sewer line, or to a similar service: the campground has 70 sites with water and sewer hookupsMore example sentences
- He notes that demand in the Sun Belt, where roughly half of all new construction is taking place, has been stifled by moratoriums on new water and sewer hookups.
- So when the world's largest private-prison company offered to employ 350 people, local officials welcomed it with tax breaks and free water and sewer hookups.
- He said the town has other property with water and sewer hookups that is ready to be developed; he therefore imputes political motives to the plan to take the last of this land.
- 1.1An interconnection of broadcasting equipment for special transmissions: he reached a global audience on the satellite hookupMore example sentences
- The network would organise computer hook-ups, educational broadcasts, and the sharing of library resources among the participants.
- He testified in a court filled with 18th Century tradition, using high definition television and the latest in satellite hook-ups from Paris.
- This fight gave birth to the age of satellite TV hook-ups.
More definitions of hookupDefinition of hookup in:
- The British & World English dictionary