Definition of horn shell in English:
A mollusk with a long tapering shell, occurring in brackish and marine waters.
- Families Potamididae and Cerithidae, class Gastropoda
- True horn shells, or again, those in the family Potamidae, are primarily found in tropical waters.
- Beachcombing is also good for finding horn shells, moonsnails, cockleshells and an occasional sand dollar.
- In turn, horn shells provide food for water birds which filter them from the mud.
Definition of horn shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.